Thursday, October 21, 2010

Update on Deployed Mom Project


I've started my kids' kids book!  It's called Our Family.  I used the MS Publisher program to put it together.  For the cover page, I put in some colorful shapes and of course the classic stick figure family.  I've always loved stick figures.  :P  Anyway, I had so much fun putting this thing together!

The second page says "There are three people in my family."  I made sure to put the colorful numbers 1-3 so that Caden can count them and identify the colors as well.
There are a few more pages in between, where I named each of us in the family.  Each page has a certain shape of different colors and sizes so that he can not only see pictures of himself, his brother and me but also practice his shapes and colors!  After the pages of us, I put in another page that says, "But that's not all we have in our family!  We have two pets!"  And I included a couple of cartoon pictures of a dog and bird.
I'm really looking forward to finishing this book, printing it, putting it together, and finally mailing it out to him!  And I really want to get on Skype and watch him flip through it.  I think I'm more excited than he'll be.  LOL  I don't know why it took me a few months before I came up with this idea.  I wish I did this earlier!

Also, I've decided that this is going to be part 1.  I'm going to focus this book on just the family members and pets.  The second book will be "Mommy's Deployment."  And I'll talk about how I had to go away for a little while but that they got to travel and live with their aunts and uncles.  I'll include pictures of them with my brothers and sisters-in-law as well as their new daycare provider.  I'll also include pictures of me in the deployment and the things I see here.

The third book will be "Thanksgiving," then I'll probably do "Christmas" and then I'll do the birthday ones!  Woo hoo!  I'm so excited!

Updates soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment