Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Prayer Request

While you're deployed, you're far from friends and family.  The challenges are harder to face and your loved ones have to deal with things without you.  When your family is struggling and you aren't there to help, you feel completely powerless.  And understandably so.

And sometimes all you can do is pray.  Someone dropped a prayer request in a prayer box and I wanted to post it so that the prayer is heard and maybe others might include them in their prayers. 

Here's the request, minus the names:
"I pray that God shows me a way to alleviate my family's financial burdens.  That my wife has help with caring for our three chldren."

So here's my prayer for this warrior:
Father, I pray tonight for this individual.  He has called out to you for help.  Lord, you have helped me many times during my own financial struggles and so I pray that you keep this family in your arms, close to you so that they may hear your answers.  I pray for strength and faith in you while his wife is taking on the parenting without her other half.  Lord I pray that you send this family friends and support to help them cope with their struggles.  And I pray that their faith in you is strong and that they know that you know everything in their hearts, like a father knows his children.  Lord I thank you, that this person has turned to you.  I pray all of these things in Jesus' name.  Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment