Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Deployed Mom Project

I've come up with this BRILLIANT idea.  Okay, it's brilliant to me.  Anyway, I'll get on with it.  So, everytime I Skype with my kids I spend lots of time holding the pictures on my phone up to the camera so that my Caden can see.  I'll show him pictures of me, him, Sean, and our dog Charlie.  I'll also show pictures of planes, motorcycles, and other things.  He gets a kick out of seeing pictures.  He just loves this.  So I've decided to make him a book.

I'm not sure what to call this book.  But it's going to be a picture book filled with all sorts of pictures.  I want to start with who we are as a family, then talk about how Mommy had to deploy, then to them living with their aunts and uncles while I'm gone, what Mommy's doing while she's away from them, and finally when I'll be coming home.  I also want to put together other pictures that he can identify like colors, shapes, animals, etc.  It'll be my way of still trying to be Mommy while I'm gone.

I'm not sure exactly how well it'll turn out, but I'm really excited about doing it.  And I think that regardless what I think of its results, Caden will get a kick out of having his own book.  :)

Will post an update on its progress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment