Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Saviors in Metal

I have a huge thing for taking photos.  I usually just use my phone -- I love my iPhone.  I know it isn't one of those really expensive cameras that take award-winning photos.  But I don't care.  If I see something worth capturing, I'm going to capture it!

I took this one while we were at an outreach.  The boat transported food for the people of the community, who were in need of many things like healthcare, food and clothing.  We try to participate in outreaches as much as we can and it never ceases to amaze me how much help the community needs.  But as hard as it is to deal with that knowledge, I absolutely love that we are able to help if even just a little.  The people are grateful that we are there to give and show them that we care about them.  The children give us huge grins and hugs.
 

I took this picture while on a walk.  It's a picture of a plane that was used by the U.S. during WWII and was given to the military of the country I'm deployed to as a memorial.  I absolutely loved how majestic this plane looked with the sun at its back.  It was a hero in its fighting days and I wanted to capture something so historical.  Maybe I could try to take a better shot of it another day.  For now, it's one of my favorite pictures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment