Monday, December 31, 2012

Crayon Art: The Koi Pond

I just posted an art project the boys and I did. It's called Crayon Art and its super easy and fun to do. You can read about all that here.

Each crayon chunk was an art piece to me. So I portrayed them as such. Today's featured Crayon Art is The Koi Pond.

In Phase II of the project, this piece reminded me of a bright orange koi fish at the surface of the water looking up. It's orange glow stands out from the dark water.

Other koi are portrayed but they are further down and display depth in the picture.

The final phase of the art piece portrayed a very different version of The Koi Pond. In this version, the movement of the water is emphasized. The first version was a darker, more dramatic image whereas this one is almost fun to view.

This is one of my favorite Crayon Art Pieces.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this! So fun!

    I saw you over on MBC so I came to peek around and am now a new follower! :)

    Chantal Hickey
    advenutresinhickeyland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete