Sunday, June 2, 2013

Summer Is Here

 

We spent the morning and early afternoon being lazy.  I loved it.  I love getting to enjoy the boys without any agenda, nothing planned, just me and them.  We laid on the couch and watched Transformers Prime on Netflix, ate breakfast, went back to watching.  The boys eventually got up to play with their Transformers toys.  I hung out with them and asked questions about their role playing.

There's this really obnoxious guy at work who irritates the crap out of me.  He asked me once, "How are you going to raise your boys to be men?  I mean, don't you think they need a male role model?"  I can't stand ignorant remarks.  Granted, this dude is super obnoxious.  Most of the time the things that come out of his mouth is used to seek attention or an attempt to gain validation of his infinite wisdom.  I didn't take his comment to heart.  I simply said, "They have God and their uncles.  I think they'll be fine."  He didn't say anything to that.  And I do remember my kids' father made a comment during our divorce.  He said, "If she raises those boys without me, they'll grow up to be pansies."  And now as I sat with my boys watching them smash their Transformers into each other with enthusiastic war cries, I had to smile to myself.  I think I'm doing pretty darn well.

I spent the early part of the afternoon repotting my flowers and sweeping my porch.  It's summer.  It's beautiful.  And I love my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment