Saturday, June 8, 2013

Pumpkin Bisque Anyone?

I am a huge food hound. I like trying different foods and I love cooking. But not everyone is as adventurous and I have to refrain from feeling hurt when others don't like what I cook. Even if the "others" are my kids. :-/

Today I made a pumpkin bisque. I thought it was fabulous. 

First I sautéed an onion and a couple of carrots with a couple tablespoons of butter and a tablespoon of sage leaves.  
I sautéed them long enough to get tender. 

Then I puréed them in a blender with a splash of chicken stock and a banana.

After I puréed the mix, I poured them into a stockpot with a can of pure pumpkin purée.
I added 2 cups of chicken stock and 1 cup of soy milk (I have a milk allergic boy). 
Heat it all up and add your favorite seasoning. I used salt, pepper, curry powder and garlic powder.

Add a salad to the meal. 

Again, I thought the soup was amazing. It smelled wonderful, tasted unique and delicious, and was healthy enough. 
But alas, not everyone enjoys what I enjoy. 

Caden pretended to like it. 

Sean took a lick and said he was full. 

Guess its just me eating today. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment