Sunday, May 5, 2013

Exploding Pork Roll

This pork roll is done all over the nation and in many different ways.  I call mine the Exploding Pork Roll because it looks just like it sounds.  It has an amazing blend of sweet and salty.  I'm leaving you the recipe and instructions below, but remember-- I usually don't do measurements.  I go by taste, so you'll have to figure out what works for you.  Thankfully, this recipe is super easy!  I hope you like it as much as I do.

What you'll need:
Pork loin (the unseasoned package)
A few strips of bacon
1/2 onion minced
Dried cranberries
Dried apricots (diced)


What to do:
Saute the cranberries, apricots, and onions in a little olive oil
Season the mix with salt and pepper
Set aside
Slice the pork down the middle to make it open up like a book
Pound the crap out of the pork with a meat tenderizer
Cover the pork with strips of bacon
Pour the fruit/onion mix over the bacon
Roll the pork until it is one big fruit roll
*You can use a toothpick to hold it all together if you like.
Wrap it up in foil and place on a baking sheet
Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until fully cooked



0 comments:

Post a Comment