Friday, January 18, 2013

Sean Got His Shots

Sean
"Excuse me, can you make sure you put the shot ON my leg and not in it?"

Med tech
"Aw sweetie, it's gonna pinch just for a second. It'll be really fast."

Sean
"Just do it really soft ok? Don't do it hard because it'll hurt real bad. Just put it on my leg, not in it ok?

Med tech
"Ok hold Mommy's hand."

First shot
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Second shot
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Med tech
"Just one more sweetie."

Third shot
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Med tech
"There, there. It's all done sweetie."

Sean
"But I asked you to not do it hard! And it hurt so bad!"

My poor little guy. He was so sweet trying to ask the med tech so nicely not to let the shots hurt. It hurt my heart to see him cry.

Later, he told Caden that he got three shots. Caden's eyes widened. "THREE shots? Oh my gosh! Can I see your band aids?" It made me smile when Sean nodded his head, as if he just won a battle.

Later he told me, "Mommy those hurt really bad. My heart hurts." Thankfully he doesn't need anymore shots for a while.

0 comments:

Post a Comment