Sunday, February 6, 2011

Moving STINKS

What has two thumbs and would rather lie on the floor of an empty living room complaining about moving than to actually get to moving?

Me.  J Shine, that's who.  Wahhh.  I don't wanna!!

Ugh.  Okay, so I've been back and forth to the storage unit loading and unloading boxes and filling my brand new apartment with them.  I've been doing it.  But oh how I hate it!  I'd rather lie on my couchless floor and stare at the ceiling, mad that I have to do it in the first place.  Can't I just hire people to move for me?

Oh yeah, I looked around.  The cheapest I found for hired help is $420.  Yikes!  Patrick keeps telling me that he'd help me, but he lives 3 hours away.  I think it's pathetic of me to have my boyfriend drive 3 hours to come help me move and then have to drive 3 hours back home so he can get back to work. 

But he would be free help.  Hmmm.  Might have to rethink this.

I've been searching Craigslist for a couch set.  I found a really pretty cream colored leather set- couch and loveseat.  For $275.  And guess what!  They live two buildings away from me!  The only thing I needed was for a lovely apartment neighbor who drives a truck to drive it from one building to mine and then help me carry it up the stairs! 

So I spotted some people moving in, using a U-Haul truck.  I offered them $25 if they could just drive the couches from the one building to mine and help me move them.  The guy said, "Sure!" and said he'd be back in a few.  I told him I'd be back because I wanted to get some money out to pay for the couches and for his labor.

I drove just across the street to the ATM, got money out and drove back.  3 minutes tops.  He and his U-Haul were gone.  They were nowhere to be found!  I couldn't believe it! 

So being out of a truck, I had no way to get the couches to my place.  I couldn't expect the seller to carry it with me down the sidewalk-- it was too far a walk and it's cold out.

What a jerk.  I should've put on some makeup and something cute. 

Anyway, so now I'm just spending my days moving stuff into my apartment and searching for a couch set that a seller would deliver to me!  Please please please keep me in your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Following you MBC! I hate moving also! I recently moved and I was tempted to do the same! I couldn't imagine having to do it alone. I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete