Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Stocks?

Okay, I have absolutely no clue about stocks, marketing, CD’s, or any other investment type of … thing. I am a complete ditz when it comes to this stuff. But I’ve been thinking, a friend of mine just told me he’s thinking of cashing in some stocks. Instead of taking out a loan to get a building done up for his business, he wants to cash in stocks? Why does that phrase, “cash in stocks” sound so damn appealing to me? Where are these stocks and how can I cash them in too?
I realized that I am way behind in the financial world. Actually I’m not even behind. I’m nonexistent!! I’m a pee-on! I need to get my head outta my ass and find out what I need to do in order to secure my and my kids’ futures financially! I mean, what if I was forced out of my job for some reason? I don’t even have a credit card I can use because the one I do have is max’d out due to bills and groceries! Wow, I am in some trouble or at least heading down the wrong path.
So I’ve decided I am going to take some time as often as I can to learn about the stock market. It’s boring as hell and I remember watching Trading Places (with Eddie Murphy) and not having a clue what the hell it was really about. It was funny and entertaining, but I felt really stupid. So other than studying for promotion (please God, keep me focused), I will be studying for even more money. Maybe in order to keep me faithful to this, I’ll have to come back and write about what I’ve learned so far. That’s what I”ll do. I’ll try to make it as fun and interesting as I possibly can. Even though it’ll be pretty tough. I’m not looking forward to it at all. But I am interested in making money.
If you have any tips for me, please please PLEASE share them! Oh! Before I forget, I did find a website that might help me and whoever else is even slightly interested in learning about this stuff. The article is titled Introduction to Stocks 101.
I guess I have some learning to do. I’ll let you know how it’s coming.
Love,
JS

0 comments:

Post a Comment