Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Korea Prep

So far, I have A LOT of things to do to prepare for this remote tour.  I have four different checklists.  I just prepared about fourteen powers of attorney.  I have to get an anthrax and smallpox vaccine, which is gonna SUUUUCK.  I guess it's about time though, right?  When I deployed a few years ago, I had to get a rabies and Japanese Encephalitis vaccine.  I might as well get the rest of the crazy ones. 

I'm not telling the kids about Korea until after the holidays and birthdays.  I've decided to use the time I have with them to create some awesome memories.  So far here's what I've done:

I convinced them I'm a ninja. 
Been trying to do this for a year, but my kids are too smart. 
 
We went to our first college football game.
 
I took them to the top of a mountain
 
We made our first-ever snowman!
We didn't have enough snow to make a big one.
 
We have Grandma here!
 
 
I'm going to keep trying to make opportunities for cool memories.  But more importantly, I'm just trying to make sure that we're spending good, quality time together.  They're worth it.
 
More to come on Korea prep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment