Thursday, January 27, 2011

I've Landed

Wow!  I'm on US soil. It took me a while to get here.  Although I love seeing new sites, I can't stand airports and living out of a suitcase.  But since I had to do it, I figured I might as well make the best of it. 

During my travels, I had to stop in Japan where I ate a delicious wonton noodle soup.  Maybe I was super hungry, but I thought it was the best soup in the world.  The drink, however, was another story.  I bought this green tea that had a green label on it.  Everything was in Japanese, so I didn't know what flavor it was.  But the yellow labeled tea had a picture of a lemon on it.  Mine didn't have any picture.  It tasted horrible.  Like it was supposed to be some kind of broth.  Broth is yummy... when it's warm and when you're expecting to drink soup.  But if you're thirsty and expecting a cold beverage it isn't something you imagine tasting!  I couldn't drink it.  Maybe I should've heated it up or something.  Yuck.

I spent a couple of days on an island so I could get some paperwork done, getting back to my home unit.  It was a nice break... and I got to eat PIZZA.  Yumm.  When you haven't had pizza in 6 months, the first pizza you eat is instantly the best pizza you've ever had.  Even if it's not true, you believe it is. 

And finally, I landed in my own city.  Yay!!  I got to hop in my lovely, wonderful car which welcomed me with Charlie's dog hair from the time I took him to the beach right before I left.  I didn't clean my interior.  :-( Bad on me. 

I stayed with Patrick during my home hunting.  :-) He is such a gentleman and a wonderful friend.  Getting to see his smile and touch his face truly warmed my heart.  Snuggling with him as we watched movies made me so happy.  He even made taco soup!  I'm not going to turn this into a Patrick blog because I'll just get all mushy.  So I'll move on...

I found a place to live!!  Woo hoo!!  I move in next week and I'm so excited!!  I'm not going to blog about that til later, though.

Well, I'm back in the U.S.  I have mixed feelings about it.  I made so many friends on my deployment that it broke my heart to leave.  But I'm so excited about getting to see my kids soon and getting Charlie back and moving into my new apartment. 

My prayer is that I will pursue this new life with my eyes on God.  :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment